End of Term Buyback
Beginning of Spring 2014
Monday, January 26th, 9am to 6:30pm
Tuesday, January 27th, 9am to 6:30pm
Wednesday, January 28th, 9am to 6:30pm
Thursday, January 29th, 9am to 6:30pm
Friday, January 30th, 9am to 3:30pm
- Daily buyback is offered 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday during the fall and spring terms unless otherwise stated above.
- Buyback values are wholesale prices based on national demand and are not negotiable.
- We are not purchasing books to be sold in the bookstore at this time.
- UMBC or government issued ID required for buyback.
- End of term and back to school buyback dates are posted regularly. The bookstore pays 50% of the retail price for
needed texts during these times.
- Buyback takes place the week before and the week of finals for the Fall and Spring semesters. Look for our advertisements
for exact dates each semester, or call the textbook desk at 410-455-2699.
- There is a smaller buyback at the Bookstore at the end of Winter and Summer sessions.
Buyback Pricing Guide
- Retail: Represent those titles our campus instructors have adopted and, if in resalable condition, generally earn 50%
of the retail price until we reach our quota.
- Wholesale: Are purchased if they are not needed on our campus, but have a national demand. Up to 35% of the retail
price may be paid for these books in resalable condition.
- No Value: We do not buy photocopied course packets, damaged books, and most old editions.