Warranties and Service Plans
Every Mac and Apple display comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. Extend your coverage to three years from your hardware product’s original purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct, one-stop access to Apple’s award-winning telephone technical support for questions about Apple hardware, OS X, and Apple applications such as iLife and iWork. And you get global repair coverage for your Mac and Apple display through convenient service options. View all warranties and service plans
Safeware Extended Service Plans
Available for laptops, tablets (iPads, eReaders), and and media players (iPods), the Safeware Extended Serve Plans covers losses many warranties do not, including: Drops, Falls, Collisions, Cracked Screens, Liquid Damage, Mechanical Failures, Electrical Failures, and Manufacturer Defects. View all warranties and service plans.
The Bookstore has partnered with DSR Technology Specialists for all your computer repair needs. Convenient, fast turnaround for both warranty and out of
warranty computer repairs. Don’t stress over a malfunctioning computer. Bring it to the UMBC Bookstore for fast, hassle-free service.
All major brand computers repaired.
Laptop Loaner Program
If yours breaks, we lend you ours for free until you get it back. Loaner program is offered to customers that purchased their Apple computer at UMBC Bookstore and obtain repair service through UMBC Bookstore partner DSR Computer Technology Specialists. There are no fees for repair if covered by manufacturer warranty. See associate for details.
Terms of Service
- If covered under manufacturer's warranty, there is no charge for parts and labor for the repair. Return shipping fees may apply.
- If not covered under warranty, an initial diagnostics fee of $75 will apply until a cost estimate for the repair is approved.
- Software issues are not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and will be billed as a non-warranty repair at the rate of $120 per
hour. An estimate will be given before performing software related repairs.
- DSR, UMBC and UMBC bookstore are released of all liability for data and programs, as well as for any loss or damages due to the inability
to use the equipment for any reason.
- DSR may dispose of property unclaimed by the owner or legal possessor within 30 days of notification of completion of repair.
- DSR warrants parts and labor for 30 days.
Questions about Computers and Computer Repair
Call the Computer and Software department at 410-455-3810.