Online Reservation Policy
- Reservations will not be ready for pick-up until you receive an email stating so.
- Reservations must be submitted online only. They will not be accepted by phone or in the store.
- Orders must be picked up within 5 business days after the first day of class or within 5 days of the pick-up confirmation email being sent (whichever is later).
- Orders placed after December 2 (winter) and January 13 (spring) are typically ready for pick-up within 2 business days; but may take longer during peak times and if items are out-of-stock.
- Reserved textbooks not picked up within the allotted time period will be re-shelved, and your credit card will be refunded the cost of
the textbooks, minus a $25 re-stocking fee. Some orders may not be refunded.
- Reservations processed after the last day to return course materials will not be refunded .
- Picture ID is required at the time of pick-up.
Online Shipment Policy
- Winter orders start shipping around December 2; Spring orders start shipping around January 10.
- In-stock orders ship within 2 business days.
- Orders may be held until all items are available to ship.
- Orders may ship incomplete if all books will not arrive before classes begin.
- Your card will NOT be charged until your items are shipped.
- Shipping is a flat non-refundable fee of $9.99 per order.
- No delivery to on-campus locations or P.O. boxes. Orders with an on-campus ship-to address or
P.O. Box will be automatically canceled without notice.
- Any refunds or exchanges of online orders must be completed in person at the Bookstore or mailed at the purchaser's expense.
Shipping Fees & Policies
- Shipping fees for online orders are charged per shipment as indicated below and are not refundable:
- Textbooks and Course Materials: $9.99
- General Merchandise: $9.99
- Computers: $25.00
- Diploma Frames: $25.00
- Gift Cards: $0.00 (after promo code "giftcard")
- Orders with shipping addresses outside of the USA will not be processed.
- Orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, and US territories will incur extra postage (call 410-455-2695 for details).
- Book Experience shipping applies to single copy orders of the New Student Book Experience. Non qualifying orders will ship UPS and be charged the regular rates.
- Computer shipments require an adult signature on delivery.
- UMBC Bookstore reserves the right to use alternative carriers for shipping.
Methods of Payment
The Bookstore accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover for online orders.
Students using financial aid are required to present their University ID in person and cannot use those funds to order online.
Sales & Promo Codes
- Online promo codes cannot be combined with other sales and offers.
- Limit one promotional code per order.
- Some promo codes require registration.