UMBC Staff & Faculty Resources
Technology and Software
- Work-at-Home Agreement is available only to current UMBC staff and faculty who need to perform University work on their personal machines. To purchase, present your UMBC staff/faculty ID to an associate at the Technology Desk in the UMBC Bookstore.
*Note: As soon as inventory of MS Office runs out, we will no longer be selling this software. Staff and Faculty now have access to download Office 365 for free! Click here to find out how.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 (Windows): $12.00*
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac: $12.00*
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (Windows): $12.00*
- Microsoft Windows Vista: $12.00
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: $12.00
- Microsoft Windows 8: $12.00
- Microsoft Windows 8.1: $12.00
- Educational pricing on other software programs is available. View our software page or call 410-455-3810 for details.
- Educational pricing on Apple and Dell products is available to all current UMBC staff and faculty for personal purchases.
- UMBC Bookstore carries a large selection of computer and technology products, tablets, and accessories.
- UMBC Bookstore also takes care of technology needs for UMBC departments. Contact our tech team at extension x53810 for information about institutional purchases.
Textbook Adoptions, Course Materials, Books and Special Orders
- Visit the Faculty Textbook Adoption Information Page for complete details about submitting textbook information for courses you teach or coordinate.
- Book Signings: We will coordinate book signings and sales for your author events. Contact Patricia Jenkins at email@example.com.
- Faculty Authors: Let us know when you publish a book so that we may add it to our faculty author catalog.
- Special Orders: We will attempt to procure any book you need, even if it's out-of-print. Contact our special order department by phone at 410-455-3863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let us know if you will use a certain supply in your class by contacting our supplies department at 410-455-3807 or emailing email@example.com.
- Postage stamps are sold by the book and available at the cash registers in the store.
- Notary public service: $2.00.
- Regalia for convocation and commencement. Call 410-455-3807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Black & Gold Fridays: Wear UMBC school colors black & gold into the Bookstore on the last Friday of each month and receive 20% off any black & gold apparel.
- Greeting cards, balloons, wrapping paper, gift bags, UMBC Bookstore gift cards, as well as gift cards from leading national retailers are available in the gifts department.
- Executive gifts and professional wear products are of special interest to staff and faculty.