UMBC Staff & Faculty Resources
Please submit summer and fall textbook adoptionsby the 3rd Friday of March to ensure sufficient time to process them and secure used/rental books. University policy dictates that summer and fall textbook adoptions should be submitted by April 24th to permit compliance with USM Board of Regents policy.
Please submit winter and spring textbook adoptions by the 3rd Friday of October to ensure sufficient time to process them and secure used/rental books. University policy dictates that winter and spring textbook adoptions should be submitted by November 24th to permit compliance with USM Board of Regents policy.
Notify the Bookstore of your textbook adoptions by one of the following 3 options:
Option 1: Online System
Click here to log in, or if you've never used the online system before click here to register.
Benefits of using the online adoption system: adoptions are saved for easy re-adoption in future terms, view course materials used for classes in the past, integrated textbook database with immediate notification of new editions.
Option 2: Email
Download the textbook adoption form by clicking here. Complete it electronically and email it to email@example.com.
Alternatively you may submit your adoption information to the Bookstore by using the Contact Form, or by simply emailing the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 3: Paper Form
Download the textbook adoption form by clicking here, print it, fill it out, and send via campus mail to the Bookstore Textbook Department. You may also fax the form to 410-455-8629. Please also feel free to to visit the textbook desk on the ground level of the Bookstore and submit your adoption in person. We'd love to meet you.
By submitting your adoption online or by email you acknowledge the information required in the Maryland State Law 'College Textbook Competition and Affordability Act of 2009.' Specific information on the requirements of this law and other helpful hints are available at http://www.umbc.edu/bookstore-data/Facultylinktohelpfulhints.doc
- For information on the UMBC Course Material Initiative, also known as CMI, click here.
- Book Signings: We will coordinate book signings and sales for your author events. Contact Patricia Jenkins at email@example.com.
- Faculty Authors: Let us know when you publish a book so that we may add it to our faculty author catalog.
- Special Orders: We will attempt to procure any book you need, even if it's out-of-print. Contact our special order department by phone at 410-455-3863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let us know if you will use a certain supply in your class by contacting our supplies department at 410-455-3807 or emailing email@example.com.
For information regarding regalia, please visit our Graduation Information page.
- Postage stamps are sold by the book and available at the cash registers in the store.
- Notary public service: $2.00.
- Regalia for convocation and commencement. Call 410-455-3807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Black & Gold Fridays: Wear UMBC school colors black & gold into the Bookstore on the last Friday of each month and receive 20% off any black & gold apparel.
- Greeting cards, balloons, wrapping paper, gift bags, UMBC Bookstore gift cards, as well as gift cards from leading national retailers are available in the gifts department.
- Executive gifts and professional wear products are of special interest to our staff and faculty.
For questions, call 410-455-2695