Please enter search criteria
UMBC Staff & Faculty Resources
Please submit summer and fall textbook
Please submit winter and spring textbook adoptions by the 3rd Friday of October to ensure sufficient time to process them and secure used/rental books. University policy dictates that winter and spring textbook adoptions should be submitted by November 24th to permit compliance with USM Board of Regents policy.
Online System [Collect]
Email reminders (from [email protected]) will be sent to faculty about textbook adoptions once the Bookstore is open for a semester’s adoption period. There is no log-in information necessary. Every reminder email will contain a unique link that will take faculty directly to their assigned sections to submit adoptions. Benefits of using the online adoption system: adoptions are saved for easy re-adoption in future terms, view course materials used for any past course without being limited to own submission history, flag materials with Course Material Initiative interest (we’ll reach out to you!), and adopt on behalf of others in your department with ease.
Verba Collect Training Videos for Instructors - Provided through VitalSource Success
Click each of the links below to view the instruction video.
- Getting Started: Course & Section Select (0:44)
- Previously Adopted Materials (1:16)
- Add New Materials (1:04)
- Review and Submit Adoptions (0:39)
Please email [email protected] with any questions.
By submitting your adoption online or by email you acknowledge the information required in the Maryland State Law 'College Textbook Competition and Affordability Act of 2009.
Need an exam or desk copy? These are provided by the Publishers directly, the UMBC Bookstore is unable to provide them.
- VitalSource offers a Sampling Platform for educators to request digital exam or desk copies from one single source, instead of needing to contact multiple publishers. Find out more by clicking here.
- CMI provides complimentary access to the digital materials for instructors and TAs through Blackboard [hosted by VitalSource] for participating courses.
- For information on the UMBC Course Material Initiative, also known as CMI, click here.
- Book Signings: We will coordinate book signings and sales for your author events. Contact Erin McGonigle at [email protected].
- Faculty Authors: Let us know when you publish a book so that we may add it to
our facultyauthor catalog.
- Special Orders: We will attempt to procure any book you need, even if it's out-of-print. Contact our special order department HERE.
- Let us know if you will use a certain supply in your class by contacting our supplies department at 410-455-3807 or emailing [email protected].
For information regarding regalia, please visit our Graduation Information page.
- UPS Shipping and Drop Off Center.
- Postage stamps are sold by the book and available at the cash registers in the store.
- Notary public service: $2.00.
- Regalia for convocation and commencement. Call 410-455-3807 or email [email protected] with questions.
- Greeting cards, balloons, wrapping paper, gift bags, UMBC Bookstore gift cards
- Executive gifts and professional wear products are of special interest to our staff and faculty.
For questions, call 410-455-2688